About Windmill Saxophone Quartet Arrangements and Sheet Music:
(Returning customer? Skip all this and go straight to ORDERING)
If you’re looking for something new for your sax quartet to play – beyond the usual string quartet transcriptions and novelty tunes – YOU’VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE! Like the Windmill Saxophone Quartet’s repertoire, you’ll find an eclectic mix of jazz, oldies/rock/pop, and unique original compositions in a wide range of styles, tempos and grooves here – all written and many recorded by the Windmill Saxophone Quartet. As you can see, most of these arrangements have solo sections for those who can improvise, or optional written-out solos in some cases. ALL arrangements are available in several versions, with standard sax quartet instrumentation options (AATB or SATB), as well as AATBass and SATBass, and several also have SAAT, AAAT, and even AATT and ATTT. A few DUET versions are also available, for pretty much any 2 saxes (as noted). Many also have multiple choices for lead and/or solo parts, as well as some without solo sections. See below for sample PDF’s you can download and print out. With the exception of improvised solo sections, most are easy-to-moderate intermediate level. Have a listen and see for yourself! You’ll find the playlist with MP3s of all arrangements below.
NEW – Just Added! Several of the more popular arrangements are now available for CLARINET Quartet (“CCCB” – for 3 Bb Clarinets + Bass Clarinet; but other instrumentations available on request). These titles are currently ready to order (look for “* NEW! Now available for CLARINET Quartet (CCCB)” below): “Here, There and Everywhere”, “I’m a Believer”, “My Girl”, “Spy Theme Medley”, and “Why Do Fools Fall in Love?”.
These popular and affordable sax quartet arrangements have been selling all over the world since 2004, with satisfied customers in the U.S., England, France, Italy, Czechoslovakia, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Russia, and many other places around the world. Here are some responses from a few of our satisfied sax quartet sheet music customers:
Thank you very much, I’ve received everything that I ordered! This is my second time ordering from you and I just wanted to say that the arrangements are fantastic! My quartet just loves playing the music we’ve received from you!
Just a note to let you know that I received the charts that I ordered from you yesterday. They look perfect for what I was wanting. In the concert band that I play in it seems that the trumpets and trombones also get the tunes where they get to go front and center to show their stuff. With the charts you sent me I now hope that the saxophone section will get a chance to shine.
Hello! Our music arrived today…parts LOOK GREAT! This will be a lot of fun. Thanks!
Well ‘Bebop’ was a hit with the guys. We read it and shredded it for a couple hours and it is a great arrangement. We had a lot of fun. Thanks again for the repertoire.
Thanks so much for your great service and for the sheet music which I just received. Everything looks wonderful. I’m ordering this actually for a friend who is putting together a sax quartet in the Czech Republic, so hopefully it will work well for them. Thanks again!
The sheet music you´ve sent me arrived on Tuesday. I was surprised about the quick deliverance. We haven´t played the pieces yet, but we´ll meet next Thursday, and then we´ll start with it. Fortunately, the arrangements are quite simple, so that we can play it vom Blatt (I think the English word is sight reeding, but I´m not sure). One of the next times when I´m online, I´ll visit your website again and download the other pieces. Maybe my quartet wants to have them all.
I would like to thank you for the saxophone quartets. They are much appreciated by my fellow saxophone players and I, and we are hoping to purchase more in the future.
I bought three of your arrangements just before Xmas and have only just rehearsed them. We are bowled over with them. What a clever person you are! They were sparky and energetic.
I received the sheet music for All Over Town and it is fantastic. The production and paper are excellent quality. Thanks a ton!
We all liked the arrangements very much…Thank you again for the splendid arrangements and superb printing. I will be buying more I am sure in the future.
I looked at the parts, and they look GREAT. I’m really excited about playing these with my quartet. I teach music in the bottom of Mississippi, and well I have some REALLY talented kids. These charts are just what we have been looking for to do some quick light numbers.
Electronic delivery format:
All of our popular sax quartet arrangements are ordered in ELECTRONIC FORM, as Adobe Acrobat® (PDF) format files. They are typically sent within 24 hours as an Email attachment. Adobe Acrobat® files require the FREE Acrobat Reader®. You most likely have it already, but if not it is available here:
Scores and Chord Sheets:
Complete Scores, in either concert key or transposed, are available for all of these sax quartet arrangements. Do you want to play with other instruments (i.e. piano, bass, guitar)? We also now have Chord Sheets for any arrangement (chord changes, cues, rehearsal letters, etc.), in the same format as the quartet parts.
Free PDF samples to view/download/print:
Just click on a title to hear an arrangement. These are from a variety of sources – one of the original Windmill Saxophone Quartet CDs, live recordings/demos, or a MIDI (computer) file.
Sax Quartet Sheet Music Pricing:
- All Sax Quartet Arrangements:
- 1-2 arrangements – $10.00/each
- 3 or more arrangements – $8.50/each
- Scores: In transposed and concert keys. Must be ordered with corresponding full arrangement – NOT available separately.
- Chord Sheets: For rhythm section to play along with the quartet. Must be ordered with corresponding full arrangement – NOT available separately.
- Extra parts: If you want an alternate (duplicate) sax part, e.g. a Bass part in addition to the Bari., or the Alto 1 part from the AATB version in addition to the Soprano part for an SATB arrangement, etc.
Online payments through PayPal:
Our preferred payment method is online through PayPal – GVM is a VERIFIED PAYPAL MERCHANT. PayPal is used by virtually everyone on eBay, as well as many online merchants, is free for buyers, and is 100% secure (and you no longer need to be a registered member to make a payment – you just need a credit card, or you can also send an eCheck from your bank account). We also accept payment by mail with Money Orders and Personal Checks (orders filled once check has cleared). See the address at the bottom of this page.
How To Order (Please read everything before making your order!):
1. Scroll down this page to the arrangement you’d like to purchase, and select the various options as applicable: Instrumentation (AATB, SATB, plus various others as available), Solo/Lead Options, if the arrangement has any (lead = plays the melody, solo = plays the ad-lib or, in a couple of instances, written-out solo), Bari. Sax Info. (with low A / no low A, where applicable), and Pricing (as described above). NOTE that ALL fields are required! Duets are listed at the bottom of the page.
2. Click on the “Add to Cart” button – your order will appear in a separate Shopping Cart window, where you can also remove any items if necessary.
3. If you want to order other items, click “Continue Shopping”. You can individually add other arrangements, and/or any Scores, Chord Sheets, or Extra Parts you’d like to purchase for your arrangements at the bottom of this page, then click on the corresponding “Add to Cart” button.
4. When you are ready to complete your order, first check what is in your cart to be sure it is what you want, then click the “Checkout” button. This will take you to the PayPal Payment Page where you can login (if you already have an account), or create a new account. However, it is no longer necessary to have a PayPal account to pay – you simply enter your name and address, as well as credit card or bank info. to complete the transaction. PLEASE NOTE: PayPal has a “Refund Payment” option available for up to 60 days after the payment is sent, if for any reason you need to change your order, or are not completely satisfied.
IMPORTANT NOTE: *All fields are required; melody played by lead part unless otherwise indicated.
Any interest in these will certainly hasten their completion – so E-mail us!
> “INVITATION” – Windmill’s Ken Plant arranged this jazz standard on our CD “This ‘n’ That” (available Fall 2013); (Click Here to listen to that recording).
> “BEATLES MEDLEY” – Three classics: “Here, There and Everywhere” (the existing arrangement, as above, but without the solo) / “Eleanor Rigby” / “In My Life” / “When I’m Sixty-Four”
> “MINGUS MEDLEY” – Three pieces by Charles Mingus (“Freedom” / “My Jelly Roll Soul” / “Boogie Stop Shuffle”), arranged by Clayton Englar and recorded by Windmill on the “Touch of Evil” CD (you can listen to excerpts on the Windmill page).
> “HAS” – Jesse Meman’s original from our first album,“Very Scary” (also on the Windmill page).
> “SUITE: JUDY BLUE EYES” – Crosby, Stills & Nash at their best (currently in the conceptual stage).
Looking for more Saxophone Quartet charts? Try these great sites:
> Plenty of sax quartet sheet music at Sheet Music Plus:
> A good selection of mostly classical sax quartet arrangements, in download form at Virtual Sheet Music:
> Large collection of original saxophone sheet music, recordings, etc. at Saxtet Publications.
> For some very nice, legit classical sax quartet arrangements, visit Gary Bricault’s Site.