- Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Baritone & Bass Saxes; Recorder, Flute & Alto Flute; Clarinet & Bass Clarinet;
- Composer, Arranger
Since 2004, Global View Music has been the online home for the various musical groups, past and present, that I have been involved in over the past 30+ years. Most were projects I planned and created on my own, as a means for expressing my musical interests at a particular time. Each has its own page on this site, accessible via the menu bar above and links below. Hope you can take the time to check some of them out.
- Thursday Group – My first serious, long-term musical relationship, this adventurous jazz/fusion quartet performed and recorded all original compositions in the San Francisco Bay Area in the late 70’s, through the late 80’s in New York City. We recorded two albums for Pathfinder Records.
- Windmill Saxophone Quartet – A major focus of my musical attention from 1984 through 2005 (20+ years – hard to believe!), Windmill received quite a bit of media attention, with some great and memorable performances in the Maryland/DC area and beyond. I produced four diverse recordings with this group on Pathfinder, Mapleshade, and my own label.
- Clayton Englar and Equinox – The culmination of an intense interest in African and Brazilian rhythms, along with a strong desire to create something a bit outside the jazz mainstream. Recorded one well-received CD, and performed in the DC area fairly regularly from around 1996 through 2006.
- Con Moto Flue and Guitar Duo – My long-term collaboration with good friend and versatile guitarist Jim Hightower, Con Moto plays in a wide range of styles, and mainly worked the local wedding and party circuit starting around 1987. We continue to perform for special events.
- Englar and Englar Jazz Duo – In a case of the apple not falling too far from the tree, this is a collaboration with my son and (if I may say so) exceptional guitarist Greg Englar. We had a really special time playing together at various locations in the Baltimore-Washington area for several months in 2009.
You can purchase CDs from these groups at the Order CDs page.
This site also is where you can purchase some great Sheet Music for your saxophone quartet. Currently available are 16 unique pieces, including Windmill Saxophone Quartet originals and some of our typically off-beat, jazz oriented arrangements of everything from “Be-Bop” to “My Girl”. Scores and chord sheets are also available, as well as some duets. Just click HERE to go to the GVM Sax Quartet Sheet Music page. You can listen to each arrangement, as well as download some free sample pages. All are available in PDF format, delivered via email, or printed hard copies, via the good ol’ USPS.